PMP exam lessons learned by Daniel Eiki Uehara Takara, PMP (Brazil):
After passing the PMP exam on Tuesday, I would like to share some info about
- Attended PMI's 5-week long online seminar "Project Management Fundamentals: An Intensive Program" (details on http://www.pmi.org/CareerDevelopment/Pages/eSeminarsWorld.aspx) in July/August 2009
- Studied full-time for 1 month before taking the exam on June 22
A few details:
- During my intensive 1-month study period, I read Rita's PMP Prep book and PMBOK Guide once, but not following the sequence of chapter in the books.
- I resolved about 2 thousand questions, including Rita's PM FASTrack software and the free exercises available from the following addresses:
- Rita's PM FASTrack database contains 1400 questions and allows the user to run PMP exam simulations with 200 questions each. Although the difficulty level of questions is quite similar to the actual exam, I did not like the face that the software repeats questions in consecutive runs: I ran 5 simulations and each simulation had more repeated question than the previous runs. In any case, I got confident enough when I scored 78% in first run, so the repeated questions in the second run onwards did not represent a major problem for me. I faced the second run onwards not much as a simulation of the actual exam, but more like as a dynamic way to learn instead.
- A very organized, complete website with a plethora of PMP-related information that helped me a lot was Harwinder's Deep Fried Brain PMP:
Hope this helps. Good luck to the PMP aspirants!
Daniel Eiki Uehara Takara, PMP
São Paulo, Brazil
Daniel - Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your lessons learned and the mention.